Monday, July 07, 2008

Stanley Goodspeed Does Not Whine About "His Best"

Three remarkable shots, back-to-back-to-back, that I've loved since I first saw this movie at the age of seventeen:

1) Fighter jets pass over a shadowy Nicolas Cage
2) Overhead shot of Cage screaming, "NOOOOOOO!"
3) Huge explosion as the bombs hit on the back of the island.

And, for some reason, the random clip of Sean Connery jogging always makes me chuckle. As do Vanessa Marcil's tears.



Side note: if I'm ever on hand for a situation like this, I hope I get to be the one who solemnly intones, "May God have mercy on their souls."

1 Comment:

Bruce said...

Love this movie. A couple of my all-time favorite actors are in it(William Forsythe and Connery) and I just so happen to know Anthony Clark(Boston Common; Yes, Dear; Last Comic Standing), the guy who played the hairdresser; have since he was about two years old. His brother and I were best friends in high school.
Also, Cage utters one of my favorite lines, when he says to Connery, "let's cut the chit-chat a-hole!"