Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Favorite Movie Quotes, Volume 7

The Usual Suspects (1995)

This is far from my favorite quote from this movie, but I was just watching it on AMC and I had to chuckle. You know how sometimes the bad words in movies are dubbed over with more "acceptable" language? (My all-time favorite example of this? When Die Hard is shown on TV, "Yippee kai ai, motherfucker" becomes "Yippee kai ai, Mister Falcon".) Well, in the scene below, just pretend that all those "fucking cocksuckers" are "fairy godmothers". Yeah. Really. It's almost as awesome as it sounds.

[suspects in a lineup are asked to read a phrase]
Interrogation Cop: Number 1, step forward.
Hockney: Hand me the keys, you fucking cocksucker.
Interrogation Cop: Number 2, step forward.
McManus: Give me the fucking keys, you fucking cocksucking motherfucker, aaarrrghh.
Interrogation Cop: Knock it off. Get back. Number 3, step forward.
Fenster: [laughing] Hand me the keys, you cocksucker.
Interrogation Cop: In English, please?
Fenster: Excuse me?
Interrogation Cop: In English.
Fenster: Hand me the fucking keys, you cocksucker, what the fuck?

1 Comment:

rstiles said...

I love your posts about favorite quotes...I may have to steal that idea...

GREAT JOB!!!!