Sunday, February 24, 2008

This May Be A Morbid Question...

...but if Heath Ledger hadn't died a month ago, who would have closed out the annual In Memoriam montage at tonight's Oscars?

My wife says Jack Valenti. I say Ingmar Bergman.

Vanity Fair had Ledger as the favorite, followed by Valenti. Roy Scheider was third (he didn't appear in the montage; my wife tells me it's because he missed the cutoff by dying in February) and Deborah Kerr fourth.

(As if this isn't creepy enough, the following exchange just occurred between my wife and I:

Me: Oh good, Helen Mirren is only 62.
Wife: Okay.
Me: I thought she was in her 70s, which would've been a little creepy because I would totally do her.
Wife: Me too.
Me: She's hot.
Wife: She is. She's just...exquisite.

(Fifteen second pause)

Wife: She's amazing.

Congratulations to Ms. Mirren on her apparent addition to the Diane Lane All-Stars.)

4 Comments:

Bruce said...

Exquisite is a perfect description of the lovely Ms. Mirren.

Bruce said...

Oh, and Diane Lane? On the scale of 1-10, she's an 11.

Tor Hershman said...

Methinks Bergman.

His "The 7th Seal" rocks.

Stay on groovin' safari,
Tor

Tor Hershman said...

Oh, BTW - for the groovinest chicks on Earth check moi's Yahoo Group

The Quest for the Holey Tail